Monday, November 11, 2013

A new challenge -

Tree of life 

The Tree of Life in its various forms is recognized in all cultures as a symbol of immortality and eternal life. From ancient Chinese and Egyptian culture to Germanic paganism and Mesoamerica, it has been sought after throughout the ages.http://www.treeoflife.net.au/Tree-of-Life-Meaning-Symbolism-of-the-Tree-Of-Life.html    
It also symbolizes our connection with all living things.
 
Added ay 17, 2015:   I have begun to make some larger sun catcher/wall hanging, as wedding gifts, using colors that represent what the trees were like at the time of the wedding,   but I forgot to take pictures I'll see if I can get them to send me some pictures, just so I have a record of what I have done.
 
I saw one of these in Etsy and had to try it. ,partly because I wanted the challenge, and because I couldn't see taking that much money out of my budget.  

The ones I have tried are not as good as the one I was looking at but I don't think they are too bad for a first try. I will keep working on these and see if I can refine my technique. 

 Each pendant is handmade so each is unique,  the flaws and variation add to the uniqueness and charm.

The size of the pendants vary from 1 1/2 inches to about 2 1/2 inches.  They can be used as a necklace or as a sun catcher. 
Each comes with a satin cord (choose the desired length) $25.00




















This bracelet is nice if someone wants a complete set or if they want  a little less bling  $15.00


Earrings can be used to complete the set or would be perfect for those who like a little less bling.  $15.00





No comments:

Post a Comment